Thursday, July 16, 2009

The Island of Misfit Furniture

Over 4th of July Weekend, we waded through a LOT of random old furniture at my family farm. Here are a few of the sad misfits and orphans that we decided to bring home to give extreme makeovers:

First off, there is a set of 4 delicate chairs that my great-grandmother painted pink and antiqued with bronze. *shudder* A coat of shiny black paint, some new seats for structure, and perhaps that upholstery I didn't use on the stool? You will notice there are some fleur-de-lis details on some of the chairs but not on others--should I leave as is, take them all off, or try to replace the missing ones?

Next we have this great craftsman umbrella stand! LOVE LOVE LOVE, and I don't even think it needs that much work--maybe just an afternoon of rubbing in some lemon oil to make it feel loved again.


Cute little vanity stool--there are so many ways I could go with this one I don't even know where to start!


And finally there is this little ottoman--he is full of surprises but I will save that for another post!

Does anyone have any fantastic ideas for redoing these sad little barn adoptions, or great ideas for how to style/place them?

No comments: