1 bunch asparagus
1 teaspoon diced garlic
2 teaspoons olive oil
1 teaspoon sugar
1/4 c soy sauce, plus more to taste
1. Cut off the tough ends of the asparagus spears, and cut the remaining tender part into 1-2 inch sections with the ends at a 45-degree angle.
2. Heat olive oil in pan and saute garlic until slightly golden
3. Add asparagus and cover pan, stirring occasionally, until asparagus is tender. (approx. 5 mins)
4. Mix sugar into soy sauce, and add mixture to pan. Toss until asparagus is coated.
5. Remove from heat and enjoy!