Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Cucumber Tendrils

I took these photographs of the tendrils on our cucumber plants because I thought they were so beautiful and sculptural. But the more I looked at them, the more amazed I was at their delicate strength. These little wisps are holding up some BIG cucumber and several pounds worth of vines.



Not to belabour the point, but look at this...Threaded Field, Telstra Dome :: HDR by Artie

and also this...

Ligne Indeterminee, steel, by French sculptor, Bernar Vente at Norfolk's World Trade Center.


Obsessed...The only problem is that its super itchy to try to get into the cucumber patch to photograph them!

Does anyone else see little things in their daily life that remind them of the inspirational?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very nice. The artwork looks exactly like your pictures. Our garden did not do very well this year - what a bummer! Courtney

Ashley said...

I think you have special artistic talent (but I could have told you that after you did the Monet painting/watercolor). Your brain is on a whole other wave length from mine and I admire the talent you have for seeing things artistically!