Thursday, July 9, 2009

Beadboard Wallpaper for Mudroom?

I found this post on the Southern Hospitality Blog that I think would be a perfect way to get the beadboard effect from my inspirations photos in the mudroom! Just to remind you of the look I am going for:


This product is so much cheaper and easier to put up than actual wooden beadboard, and I think that Rhoda's project looks FANTASTIC! Here is a photo of the product and her "After" picture.


It is sold out online at Lowe's but I'm sure I could find it out there somewhere. I am pretty excited about it and I think it would be a good way to camoflage the awful "concrete wainscoting" problem I blogged about a couple of days ago. Then we could put up some moulding and a shelf along the top of the concrete blocks to hide the transition and display some pretty accessories.
What do you guys think? Do you think the height of the concrete block would be a weird place to end the beadboard? Or is the room tall enough that it doesn't make a difference? Now I just need to get Brett motivated to make the walls paint-ready...

No comments: