Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Smoothie weekend

Last weekend was fantastic because I had nowhere to be at a certain time. Amy came in for dinner Friday night at Amalfi in Ghent, and Catherine came too. It was yummy and had a great ambiance and cannoli, but was pretty overpriced. We rented Dan in Real Life, which was eh, ok, but nothing stellar. Saturday Brett and I went rollerblading like nerds on the boardwalk, which was SO FUN and exhausting. It was a really nice day, and we went 5 miles (from 34th street to 1st street and then back). We got some really fresh strawberries and made smoothies all weekend--its the little things!!

Charlotte's Favorite Smoothie Recipe
1 banana
6 strawberries
1 cup of french vanilla lowfat yogurt (stoneyfield farm is the BEST)
a splash of milk or orange juice
Combine the above ingredients in a blender, and fill the rest of the way up with ice cubes. Blend until smooth, then enjoy.

Then Brett made me watch Tron, a movie from the early 1980s where some guy gets sucked into a computer and has to battle an evil mainframe. Ridiculous knock-off of Star Wars but substitute outer space terms with computer programming terms. WOW is all I have to say about that one...


Went to Michaels to get MORE stuff for the wedding. Sigh. This time I got stuff to make invitations for the rehersal dinner, some raffia to tie the programs together with, and blank notecards so that I can make thank you notes that match the invitations. I am working on the programs for the ceremony, and I like the Song of Solomon for the old testament lesson. But I am kind of stuck because I really don't like any of the Psalms. I am going to ask Father Bennett and Father Jackson if we can substitute a poem for the Psalm, hopefully one by e.e. cummings. Then the Gospel Lesson and the New Testament Lesson should be easier because they are significantly less sexist! I just don't really want anything in the ceremony about "cleaving to your husband" or being created from Adam's rib.

We also planted an herb garden, which I am excited about, on our balconey in pots. I can't wait until we can eat dinner out on the balcony and watch the boats on the river as the sun sets! Hopefully there will be oregano, basil, thyme, rosemary, and sage. I think. I don't actually know, I just dumped the seed packets out and watered. But I like to watch them grow and I will know what they are later, right?





The view from my balcony:

No comments: