Thursday, August 6, 2009

Beef = Asthma

What I learned today....







=









I know, WTF???? Right?
Well, after being stuck with upwards of 120 pins and coming up with a "2+" sized welt for beef and pork, I was instructed to stop eating beef and pork for a few months, then reintroduce those foods into my diet and "see what happens." So I stopped eating those foods, and felt pretty self-righteous about the whole thing since I don't really approve of meat production methods in the U.S. anyway...then...I decided to try it again. I thought I'd probably get headaches like Ashley with milk and tomatos, or stomach aches.
August 5, 2009 @ 6:00 p.m. --> One Quarter Pounder with Cheese
August 5, 2009 @ 7:00 p.m. --> Asthma Attack #One
coincidence? I think not!
August 6, 2009 @ noon --> One 6oz burger at Max& Erma's
August 6, 2009 @ 12:45 --> Asthma Attack #Two
August 6, 2009 @ 1:15 p.m. --> Asthma Attack #Three
I won't be having any more beef anytime soon, thank you! (At least not during pollen season...)
And I looked it up too... while beef allergies are rare (and mine is confirmed by the above-referenced "2+ welt" asthma is a likely symptom.
HUH??! I must admit I was surprised and confuddled by this whole development!











No comments: