Thursday, March 4, 2010

Chocolate Brown Crocheted Pillow Cover

I was browsing in one of Richmond's higher-end fabric and decor shops the other day(Williams and Sherrill), when I came across this pillow on a very Ralph Lauren-esque bedding display. So pretty! I love the deep chocolate color and the cozy texture.


I also love the big buttons on the back and that you basically get two nubby pillows in one.


Almost $70 seems reasonable for this pillow, right? WRONG, because I just taught myself how to crochet! AND I just happen to have a plain chocolate brown pillow hanging out in my bedroom that is crying out for some adornment.


Here is a close up of the front of the pillow.
I'm thinking the front is 9 granny squares, and the back is two plain knitted pieces, one with button holes. Wish me luck!

2 comments:

Lari said...

oh what a fun project charlotte! good luck! =)

Courtney said...

Good Luck! I've tried knitting before, but never crochet. Be sure to let us know how it turns out!