Saturday, January 7, 2012

I'm Teaching an Art Class!

I am so excited to be able to teach my first art class this March! This is for reals on my bucket list. It is for all experience levels and we are going to be taking field trips, too! Here is the listing from the Richmond Visual Art Center website:


Like it says above, it is a 3-Saturday workshop where we will make nontraditional photo collages.  It is $170 for members and $185 for nonmembers if you sign up on the website, but (shhhh!) if you ask the art center they actually have a sliding scale for class prices.  Also keep your eye out because sometimes they have Groupons.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE if you live in Richmond sign up for this (Anne you are exempt because you will be giving birth!), because if the class doesn't fill up I don't get to teach it.  And that would be sad.

Here is an example of a landscape I did with the technique I will be teaching.  As you can see it is pretty large (each of those rectangles are 4x6 prints.)


Here is what it the technique looks like applied to something a bit smaller.


And here (hi Louise!) is an example of how it can be used as a way to take a portrait.  This one is actually digitally manipulated, unlike the other two.


Please let me know if you have any questions, because I would luuuuuuv to see you in my class this March!

1 comment:

Storage Sheds said...

Wow!Congratulations on you class. I really wish I'm within your area. I would love to enjoy your class. Thanks for the updates.